Chapel is a time to train students to attend church as the Word says in Hebrews 10:
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
LCA chapel is held on Wednesday mornings and is our worship service.
- We open with the pledges to the Bible, Christian flag, and American flag, just as in the classroom each morning.
- We have a time of prayer for our three school-wide missions and for LCA.
- We also take up an offering to be sent to purchase food for the students at International Christian College of Manilla, Philippines.
- A time of singing praise songs is led by the different classes.
- We have a speaker from various places such as supporting churches, ministries in the area, and sometimes even missionaries from around the world.
- We may watch a video that builds our faith or one that tells about the Christian worldview.
- We also hear or participate in various missions in the area and around the world that include Africa Vision of Hope, Missions in Paraguay, International Christian College in Manilla, prison/jail ministry, truck-driver ministry, Christian Activities Center of East St. Louis, Water Well Shoes Ministry, Operation Christmas Child Ministry, The Gideon Society, missionaries from The Mission Society, and more.